Saturday, August 13, 2005

Ah! The weekend.

I've been working on a couple of items this weekend. Firstly, I'm starting a necklace. The thread I'm using is Coats and Clark Bonded Nylon upholstery thread. The stuff is great for beadwork. Heavier than the Nymo I've seen around here. Here's the first little bit - I guess I've got about 30 minutes in it thus far.



And yes, those are my new tortoiseshell shuttles. I feel so elegant using them.

My other project I'm working on is a little doily from a pattern Sherryberry shared with me. I'm using Valdani thread in the "Gem Symphony" colorway that Sherry sent. It's pretty dreamy to tat with - and check out these colors! Is this going to be riotous or what?




















The last pic I have to share is one Raymond found this last week. The black blob in the back is Chatty. On the left is Chunky, and the kitty on the right is Listerine. Listerine was the funniest little imp! Can't tell it here, though.

No comments: