Sunday, February 12, 2006

Okay - I've waited far too long to update the blog here.

I've started back into figure painting. We did these studies the other night. This one came out looking surprisingly like Chrissy. I was fairly happy. My sort of snooty classmate (who is a very evident veteran of art classes) informed me that it looked "just like it was done in graphite" - well they call that mixture of French Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna "French Gray" - duh.

Anyway, here's the pic.



I'll have to scope Snooty's work tomorrow night and see how she does. You can almost hear a vacuum from her sucking up to the teacher. Oh, I am so bad.











Lace wise - here's a sample of Scandinavian Holes - I'm up to lesson 7 now. I need to get my act together, too. The Atlanta lace-day is coming up next month. Egads. Tempus fugits when you're having fun.

Here's the "Scandalous Hos" (that's Raymond's name for them).



And here's what I've got on my pillow presently. What on earth was I thinking? I used machine quilting thread. It's okay, but I think I might need some glasses. Some real ones instead of my festive pink and yellow ones I got at the dollar store. For a dollar. But they worked for an awful long time.




I took this picture of Chatty who is so incredibly fascinated with any and all of my handwork accoutrements. As you can see, he not only likes to paw about my tatting bag, he darned well sort of gets into it. Hey - check out that toenail polish. I told you guys they stay painted all the time.







Oh. We had snow this weekend. This is what they sent us running to Kroger for milk, bread and toilet paper for.


No comments: