My blog is stale. Or at least that's what Sherry said.
I'll admit it's been a little while since I posted here. It seems like I either have time to work on a project or blog. I've elected to work on projects. I at least have some things to share, though.
I fashioned a bolster type pillow for bobbin lacing out of a coffee can and a crib-sized cotton quilt batting. I then covered the mess with a piece of gray wool flannel that took an entire half hour to apply as it fit oh, so very tightly. You want to have the stuffing very compressed as you don't want any lateral movement of your pins. This thing really works. And cheap, too. Just like me. I made my economy Lollibobbins out of plastic pony beads and good old Wilton lollipop sticks. They were already the appropriate size and everything. And they look like candy. Here's the bobbins:
Please don't look at the table in this next pic. It really isn't as bad as it seems. As you can see, there's lots of little projects going on. This is the pillow in action. I put the towel around it to help support the passives when not in use. Looks stupid, but helps me out a lot, I'm tellin' ya.
I've got a closeup of the work in progress. You wouldn't believe how long it has taken me to do this little, simple clothstitch border with 6 pairs of bobbins. Makes me feel as though I have eight thumbs. Gaa.
I finished the citrine project finally. Here it is all blocked and ready to go on its little trip to Chicago. I was fairly proud of how it turned out.
Here's the funny pic of the month. Guess which one is the sleeping cat.
Mrs Beeton's Book of Needlework
21 hours ago